Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards – free online training
Edge Training and Consultancy are hosting another free course for families and informal carers of people that are in a care home under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) on Thursday 8th December from 2pm to 5pm via Zoom.
The course will cover:
1. What is the point of DoLS?
2. Free rights for people under DoLS
3. The rights and duties of a Relevant Person’s Representative
3. How to access free legal help for your loved one
4. National guidance on care home visiting & your rights
5. Concerns about the quality of remote DoLS assessments- how to challenge
6. Signposting to other services/ organisations
Please email email@example.com to book a place by writing ‘DoLS for families’ in the subject line. Places are limited. For more information see here.