FACE COVERINGS: DOS AND DON’TS
- Make sure you cover your nose and mouth while allowing yourself to breathe comfortably.
- Wash your reusable face coverings as part of your laundry.
- Avoid coverings with built-in valves. These do not filter exhaled air so they won’t protect others around you.
- Don’t litter. If you wear a single-use face covering, please ensure you dispose of it safely. Littering face coverings and gloves puts other people at risk.
- Don’t use high neck jumpers or jackets as face coverings.
GOING OUT SAFELY
I know that many Londoners will feel uncertain about going out when the virus is still out there. Read our guidance on how to go about safely now that London is reopening.
And remember, if you experience symptoms of COVID-19, you and your household must self isolate and request a test via nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119. The symptoms are:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change in sense of smell or taste
Together, we can defeat this virus.
Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan